Even if I never "hacked" my Nexus device after some month (I suppose due to application installation), my device crashes and, after reboot, i was stuck on Google boot image.
I try to leave it an hour booting with no success. So... factory reset.
Yes, but... how I can run a factory reset for a crashed device? Reading online there are some forum posts with combination that I honestly didn't understand.
Here the combination I tested many time to wipe your device:
- Reboot your device pressing Power Button + Sound Down Button, at the same time until you can see the fast boot menu
- Using volume buttons move to Recovery Mode menu and then start it using the power button
- Your Nexus 7 will reboot and, after a while, you should see the android robot with a red exclamation mark and the information no data on the screen.
- Here press Power Button + Sound Up Button at the same time for about 2 seconds and then release the two buttons at the same time. Recovery menu should appear
- Here you can choose, moving into menu with the sound buttons, the Wipe Data menu (and if you want Wipe Cache)
- At the end you have a Reboot entry into menu to restart your device.
Hope this help